- Lean & Six Sigma
- Manufacturing Operations
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Project Management
- Quality & Six Sigma
- Strategic Deployment/Supply Chain
- Supply Chain
- 1095 Interim COO – Operational Transformation – Small Mfg.
- 1083 Supply Chain Professionals , Logistics and Warehouse Management
- 1073 Casting & Forging Industry Experts – Quality & Manufacturing
- 1097 Big Data Scientists / Industry 4.0 Experts / Digital Transformation Experts
- 1077 Lean Six Sigma Professionals – SLOVAKIA
- 1098 Travel Industry Professionals
Production Manager – Automotive Metal Products Manufacturing
MetaOps Inc., is conducting a retained, confidential search for the best possible candidates for our client’s direct-hire of a Production Manager, with a beginning salary range of 75,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year, plus vacation, benefits and expenses. This requires relocation to the Detroit Michigan area if not currently an area resident.
To qualify, you must substantially meet these requirements with at least 10 years of total work experience and technical expertise in these areas:
- 5 years minimum experience in production management
- Exposure to metal products manufacturing
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience/certifications in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience and training.
- Experienced with key performance indicators (KPI’s), with good project management skills
- Experience with using ERP systems such as AS400 and SAP
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Availability to work more than an 8 hours a day as needed.
In this role, you would be involved with:
- Overseeing production processes in parts manufacturing
- Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials working with Purchasing Dpt.
- Reviewing and agreeing on production schedules with Production Planner and assure they are respected
- Monitoring overall operations for detailed performance to production plans and schedules and make recommendations and decisions to avoid, prevent or minimize delays, bottlenecks, or other problems.
- Supporting subordinate managers and supervisors in assigning work and checking work to ensure compliance with established guidelines
- Assuring quality control standards are followed and met
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met and respected
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment in collaboration with the Maintenance Department
- Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
- Organizing training for production staff
- Reviewing with Plant Manager key performance indicators (KPI) on a monthly basis to ensure Targets are met
- Collaborating with plant personnel on problem analysis and solutions, recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of a product, and suggest changes in working conditions and improved use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Making recommendations for human resources actions such as hiring, rate increases, promotions and disciplinary measures.
- Monitoring workforce attendance issues, vacations, and daily work records
Minimum requirements to be considered:
- 5 to 10 years of post-education work experience.
- Applicable degree and/or certifications demonstrating proficiency.
- Substantial and proven experience in the technical experienced noted above.
- Three references to persons you worked for that can tell us about your capabilities from a supervisor’s perspective are required in the vetting process.
- We conduct background checks as a condition of potential employment by our client.