- Lean & Six Sigma
- Manufacturing Operations
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Deployment/Supply Chain
- Supply Chain
1076 VP Global Supply Chain – Direct Hire – Milwaukee WI Area
MetaOps is conducting a private, retained search for an experienced VP of Global Supply Chain living near to or willing to relocate to the Milwaukee area. Only current legal US residents not requiring sponsorship will be considered. The target range for the base salary, plus bonus opportunity is in the low $200’s.
VP of Global Supply Chain
This privately owned 200+million company sells products that have many components contract manufactured in China and then assembled in the USA. They serve a wide variety of customers who utilize their lighting products in mostly commercial applications.
They have about 10,000 SKUs including products they resell and things they assemble from parts purchased from suppliers in Asia and in the Western Hemisphere. They have Oracle for their ERP solution.
A seasoned VP of Global Supply Chain for a direct hire to manage all supply chain operations including procurement, planning, shipping, receiving, warehousing and logistics. Responsibilities include typical supply chain functions including SIOP, MPS, Sourcing & Procurement, Vendor Management, Production Scheduling, SFC, Inventory, Material Handling, Warehouse Operations, Logistics and Distribution. Some initial activity will be to diagnose the root causes for supply and planning issues and lead actions to implement corrective actions. Improving utilization of labor for manufacturing with reliable plans and supply is crucial.
Key initial requirements for the role include:
As the Vice President of Global Supply Chain this role will lead all aspects of Global Planning and Materials execution. The role is responsible for our materials organization including Sourcing Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling and Logistics. In this role, you will quickly and effectively establish a culture focused on continuous process improvements aimed at achieving predictability and efficient materials management operations.
- Develop a vision and long-term strategy and roadmap related to the systems, process, and skills for the future of the Materials Management function
- Lead functional gap assessments for MRP system and partner with IT and other functions to optimize MRP effectiveness
- Develop materials management strategies that support growth, meet the company strategy, performance objectives, and customer expectations
- Manage and oversee the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process
- Create and maintain a global supplier network necessary to secure required materials at the optimum combination of cost, lead time and quality
- Be the primary driver of process improvement efforts in all Materials Management areas, focused on integration of Best Practices all related activities in order to produce measurable improvements in costs, lead times and overall product quality
Key qualifications to be considered:
- Significant exposure to lighting / electrical systems/products manufacturing – High Mix, Low Volume make to order and stock-to-order environments of assembled products. – 5+ years.
- Track record managing a global supply chain @ $200 million or larger.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in Business or Supply Chain concentration preferred, ideally you hold one or many related certifications – APICS/ASCM, ISM, NAPM, ISM, CSCMP, etc.
To be considered
Please reply with a resume / CV that includes your contact information and work history with your minimum compensation expectation. If your information matches our criterion our team will review will contact you with an invitation to participate in our vetting process.
Already a MetaExpert?